LICENSED PROFESSIONAL COUNSELOR
By providing a safe, trusting, and nonjudgmental environment for you and/or your family to process your experiences, using trauma sensitive and attachment focused approaches, I try to help you and your loved ones find within yourselves the tools to create a live you love.
I have a passion for working with parents and their teenagers because I understand that trauma and other adverse life experiences affect not only the relationship between parent and child, but also the relationship that a person has with themselves. I believe that by repairing those
relationships, individuals can obtain true healing, confidence, and resilience to continue their journey.
I have an undergraduate degree in Political Science and Public Administration from Missouri Western State University and a master’s degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Regent University in Virginia Beach, VA. I am a Licensed Professional Counselor in the state of Missouri, a National Board-Certified Counselor and an EMDR therapist.
I have been trained in several therapeutic approaches such a
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT),
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT),
- Family Systems Therapy, and
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing therapy (EMDR).
I also like to incorporate various forms of expression in sessions such as play, art, music, and various other mediums from pop culture. After having worked with teens in acute, residential, partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient programs, I have learned that using these various techniques help teens (and adults) to feel less resistant to therapy and provide them additional ways to process their experiences.
I would consider it a privilege to work with you to promote healthier relationships, increased and effective communication, confidence, self-esteem, and healing.
EDUCATION & CREDENTIALS:
- License #: 2017043804
- License State: Missouri
- Practicing Since: 2014
- Undergraduate degree in Political Science/Public Administration from Missouri Western State University
- Master’s degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Regent University in Virginia Beach, VA
- National Board-Certified Counselor
- Licensed Professional Counselor
- Clinical Telemental Health Provider